Welcome!

The Gary Rosenthal Collection is pleased to be an active part of the community. Through this blog we hope to share our current activities as well as provide a place for feedback from those we have been involved with in the past. Add your email to our mailing list for updates on upcoming projects and special deals:


Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gary Rosenthal Menorah Featured on This Old House Blog


As part of my job as blogmaster here at the Gary Rosenthal Collection, I browse around from time to time online looking for interesting mentions of our artwork. This article I ran across is from last year, but it's new to us and with Hanukkah around the corner I thought it was relevant and interesting.

Reprinted from The Hardware Aisle, This Old House Blog:

Hanukkah hardware: The Nail Menorah

December 4, 2007
Happy Hanukkah from the Hardware Aisle!

The Nail Menorah's golden solder and copper candle-holders span a series of creatively reused flat-cut nails.

The elegant cantilevered design reminds me of those "My boss is a Jewish carpenter" bumper stickers I used to see down south--though I don't think this product, by metalsmith Gary Rosenthal, is exactly what those stickers' owners had in mind.

The Jewish Gift Place was actually boxing up a couple of Nail Menorahs when I called this morning. It's a popular item, I'm told, but they don't know if the buyers are actually into the DIY aspect of it.

Maybe they just have good taste.

After the jump, another shot of the Menorah, showing its Star of David base (and a spooky shadow effect).

____________________________________________________________________

Thanks to TOH for their kind words.

Please visit the original blog post and be sure to check out the rest of the blog if you have a good spot in your heart for hardware!

No comments: