Welcome!

The Gary Rosenthal Collection is pleased to be an active part of the community. Through this blog we hope to share our current activities as well as provide a place for feedback from those we have been involved with in the past. Add your email to our mailing list for updates on upcoming projects and special deals:


Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stamford Jewish Arts & Film Festival

Those of you in Connecticut may be aware that Gary's work is currently on display at the Stamford JCC as part of the Jewish Arts & Film Festival of Fairfield County.  If you haven't gotten there yet, you still have a few more days as they festival continues through November 13th.

The Jewish Ledger has a wonderful article about Gary and his work, in conjunction with the festival.

Rosenthal may be among the most recognized Judaica artists working today. His tzedakah boxes and menorahs have been presented to Presidents Carter, Clinton, and Bush pater, and to celebrities Bette Midler, John Travolta, Tony Randall, and Itzhak Perlman.
But it is his community involvement and tikkun olam that he hopes to be remembered for. Since 2004, he has focused on turning his business into what he has called “a community-service machine based on art.”
“I’ve always been interested in tikkun olam, since I was in college,” Rosenthal says. “I think of myself as a social activist who happens to be a sculptor. I feel lucky that, as my art developed and I developed a following and started to earn a living from selling my art, it gave me a platform for the social activism.”
Check out the full article here!

No comments: